Learning to Speak Governese and Understanding the Procurement Process
(Education and Contract Vehicles)
Come join us weekly as we train and prepare you to capture government contracts.
These sessions are designed to prepare those enrolled in the Certified Capture Manager (CCM) Program to pass the CCM Exam and to become certified professionals.
Also, these classes are open to all GCA members, partner members and the public. You're welcome to attend and audit the classes with the CCM students. Join the official CCM program when you're ready to receive all the course material and software.
Learn more or enroll in the CCM Program: www.capturemanagement.org
When: Thursday, September 29, 2022
Time: 2pm to 4pm EST/ 11am to 1pm PST
Location: Online (Remote access will be emailed to confirmed registrants)
Not a member-join: https://www.govassociation.org/join
Learning to Speak Governese and Understanding the Procurement Process (Education and Contract Vehicles)
Education Part 1: Learning to Speak Governese
- The Language of Government Contracting
- Discovering Free Government Contracting Classes
- Understanding the Regulations
- How to Use Regulations to Help You Win More Contracts
Education Part 2: Contract Vehicles – Government Buying Methods
- What are Micro Purchases?
- Do Agencies Use Credit Cards?
- What are Simplified Acquisition Procedures?
- GSA Schedules Mistakes
- Sole Source Contracts: The Best Kept Secret
- Using Certifications to Unlock Set-Asides Opportunities
- IDIQ/MATOC/SATOC and other Contract Vehicles
- Reverse Auctions/FedBid (Unison)
We cover a new topic each session. We will guide you through our 12 Steps to Winning Government Contract Methodology.
1) ASSESSMENT: Do you have resources? finances, credit, hr/strong staff, talents, mobilization capital
2) STRATEGY: Do you have a strategic plan? short/long term, jv, teaming, mentor protégé, sub, prime
3) EDUCATION: Do you speak governese? Understand contracting language, regulations, policies, standards, etc
4) REGISTRATION: How to get registered for opportunities. What certifications will you need, etc.
5) IMAGE: How's your brand? strong, recognizable, broad, reputation, past performance
6) MARKETING: Capability statement, biz card, website, marketing collateral, brand that speaks to gov't buyers?
7) RELATIONSHIP: Do you have the proper types of relationships in the gov't market. Triangle of relationships
8) OPPORTUNITY: Do you know where to find oppty’s, FBO, bid match, past awards, prospecting, etc?
9) PROPOSAL: Can you write proposals? Can you learn or hire one? technical experts, estimators
10) PERFORMANCE: Can you deliver and perform or do you need subs?
11) COMPLIANCE: Are you DCAA compliant? accounting system, cyber ready, QA program, insurance, bonding?
12) CLOSURE: Successful completion of project? Proper close out? Paid yet? ACO happy?
Who Should Attend:
- Sales professionals
- CEO, Executives and key decision makers of companies
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Business Development Managers
- Consultants looking to grow professionally
- Capture managers looking to gain a competitive edge
- Contracting professionals and government employees
- All members of Government Contractors Association
- Primes, subcontractors, & potential teaming partners
- New & existing business owners interested in expanding into the government market