WEEK 11 – Marketing Lab 3
This week’s lab is set up to help you understand the marketing process in the government sector. This third a marketing lab is designed to focus on reviewing your marketing strategies.
- Brief overview of marketing in the government space
- Review attendee Dream 100s
- Review attendee marketing emails
- Review attendee capture plans
- Review attendee marketing or branding materials
If you want your instructor to review your content during lab, use this link to submit your content:
CLASS TIME: Friday 1pm to 2pm EST/ 10am to 11am PST
LOCATION: Online (Remote access will be emailed to confirmed registrants)
REGISTER FOR CLASSES: https://www.govassociation.org/events
ABOUT LAB SESSIONS
Classes are awesome, but Labs are even better. Come join us weekly as we train and prepare you to capture government contracts. These Lab sessions are designed to prepare CCM students with the hands-on support through your government contracting journey.
Also, these labs sessions are open to all GCA members, partner members and the public. You're welcome to attend the labs with the CCM students. Join the official CCM program when you're ready to receive all the course material and software.
Learn more or enroll in the CCM Program: www.capturemanagement.org
I. Branding Labs: Get help with your business infrastructure, branding, business name, capability statement, capability brief, capability website, capability video, business card, etc.
II. Marketing Labs: Learn about networking, relationship building, creating your Dream 100, email marketing, competitor research, etc.
III. Proposal Labs: Used to dive deeper into proposal writing, cost estimation, competitor research, go-or-no go decisions, creating a requirement matrix, reviewing your proposals, compliance, etc.
IV. Open Labs: These labs are set up as open office hours for you to attend to get extra help. It's designed to help you get caught up, ask questions, review homework, AMA: ask-me-anything, or other items you may need support with.
Each Lab will follow this general agenda outlined here:
- 5 minutes of intro, chat, status update
- 15 minutes of PPT training on a specific topic for the week
- 10 minutes of Q&A about the week’s lesson or any other items
- 25 minutes of reviewing specific students work (students should submit content for review prior to class)
- 5 minutes of announcements, final comments
- Submit content for review prior to class: link: https://forms.gle/zai6Qpgb8oTJEsnX8
We cover a new topic each session. We will guide you through our 12 Steps to Winning Government Contract Methodology.
1) ASSESSMENT: Do you have resources? finances, credit, hr/strong staff, talents, mobilization capital
2) STRATEGY: Do you have a strategic plan? short/long term, jv, teaming, mentor protégé, sub, prime
3) EDUCATION: Do you speak governese? Understand contracting language, regulations, policies, standards, etc
4) REGISTRATION: How to get registered for opportunities. What certifications will you need, etc.
5) IMAGE: How's your brand? strong, recognizable, broad, reputation, past performance
6) MARKETING: Capability statement, biz card, website, marketing collateral, brand that speaks to gov't buyers?
7) RELATIONSHIP: Do you have the proper types of relationships in the gov't market. Triangle of relationships
8) OPPORTUNITY: Do you know where to find oppty’s, FBO, bid match, past awards, prospecting, etc?
9) PROPOSAL: Can you write proposals? Can you learn or hire one? technical experts, estimators
10) PERFORMANCE: Can you deliver and perform or do you need subs?
11) COMPLIANCE: Are you DCAA compliant? accounting system, cyber ready, QA program, insurance, bonding?
12) CLOSURE: Successful completion of project? Proper close out? Paid yet? ACO happy?
Who Should Attend:
- CCM students
- BD/Sales professionals
- CEO, Executives and key decision makers of companies
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Business Development Managers
- Consultants looking to grow professionally
- Capture managers looking to gain a competitive edge
- Contracting professionals and government employees
- All members of Government Contractors Association
- Primes, subcontractors, & potential teaming partners
- New & existing business owners interested in expanding into the government market