PERFORMANCE: Delivering Your Products/Services, Staying in Compliance and Getting Paid
Come join us weekly as we train and prepare you to capture government contracts. These sessions are designed to prepare those enrolled in the Certified Capture Manager (CCM) Program to prepare their businesses for success and to prepare them to become certified capture manager professionals.
Also, these classes are OPEN to all GCA members, partner members and the public. You're welcome to attend and audit the classes with the CCM students. Join the official CCM program when you're ready to receive all the course material and software.
CLASS TIME: Every Tuesday evening from 6pm to 8pm EST/ 3pm to 5pm PST
LOCATION: Online (Remote access will be emailed to confirmed registrants)
REGISTER FOR CLASSES: https://www.govassociation.org/events
WEEK – 10: PERFORMANCE: Delivering Your Products/Services, Staying in Compliance and Getting Paid
Lesson 17: Performance – The Art of Delivering Your Product/Service
- Performance Agenda
- How to obtain Facility Clearance
- Mobilizing on Your Project
- Getting Your Mobilization Fund in Place
Lesson 18: Compliance – Complying with Regulations and Legal Obligations
- Making Sure You Stay in Compliance
- Getting CMMC ready (Cyber Security Plan)
- Why understanding the4 FAR can help me stay out of trouble, especially Part 3
- Seek Legal Counsel Specializing in the Government Space
- DCAA Compliance - Seek a CPA Specializing in the Government Space
- View the Government agencies website for supplements to the FAR
- Create an Ethics Program for your Company
- Employees should know who to contact if there is an ethical question
Lesson 19: Closure – Getting Paid and Closing out the Project
- Understanding closeout from the view of a contracting officer
- Payroll Strategies
- How to invoice Government Buyers
- WAWF – Wide Area Work Flow and other Portals
- Why HR Compliance matters
- Quality Assurance Programs – ISO’s/CMMI/ITEL/etc.
Learn more or enroll in the CCM Program: www.capturemanagement.org
CLASS AGENDA: (2 hours)
This is a general agenda guide to the weekly class sessions:
- 15 minutes of intro, chat, status update, homework review
- 30 min - 45 min of PowerPoint training on key topics for the week
- 30 min - 45 min of live training or GovFastTrack training
- 15 minutes of homework assignments
We cover a new topic each session. We will guide you through our 12 Steps to Winning Government Contract Methodology.
1) ASSESSMENT: Do you have resources? finances, credit, hr/strong staff, talents, mobilization capital
2) STRATEGY: Do you have a strategic plan? short/long term, jv, teaming, mentor protégé, sub, prime
3) EDUCATION: Do you speak governese? Understand contracting language, regulations, policies, standards, etc
4) REGISTRATION: How to get registered for opportunities. What certifications will you need, etc.
5) IMAGE: How's your brand? strong, recognizable, broad, reputation, past performance
6) MARKETING: Capability statement, biz card, website, marketing collateral, brand that speaks to gov't buyers?
7) RELATIONSHIP: Do you have the proper types of relationships in the gov't market. Triangle of relationships
8) OPPORTUNITY: Do you know where to find oppty’s, FBO, bid match, past awards, prospecting, etc?
9) PROPOSAL: Can you write proposals? Can you learn or hire one? technical experts, estimators
10) PERFORMANCE: Can you deliver and perform or do you need subs?
11) COMPLIANCE: Are you DCAA compliant? accounting system, cyber ready, QA program, insurance, bonding?
12) CLOSURE: Successful completion of project? Proper close out? Paid yet? ACO happy?
Who Should Attend:
- Sales professionals
- CEO, Executives and key decision makers of companies
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners
- Business Development Managers
- Consultants looking to grow professionally
- Capture managers looking to gain a competitive edge
- Contracting professionals and government employees
- All members of Government Contractors Association
- Primes, subcontractors, & potential teaming partners
- New & existing business owners interested in expanding into the government market