WEEK – 9: PROPOSAL: DEVELOPING THE TECHNICAL PROPOSAL
Come join us weekly as we train and prepare you to capture government contracts.
These sessions are designed to prepare those enrolled in the Certified Capture Manager (CCM) Program to pass the CCM Exam and to become certified professionals.
Also, these classes are open to all GCA members, partner members and the public. You're welcome to attend and audit the classes with the CCM students. Join the official CCM program when you're ready to receive all the course material and software.
Learn more or enroll in the CCM Program: www.capturemanagement.org
WEEK – 9: PROPOSAL: Developing the Technical Proposal
Lesson 15: Proposal Writing – Part II: Developing the Technical Proposal
- Guidance: Section L & M and SOW
- Developing the Price/Cost Proposal
- Contract Cost Principles & Procedures FAR Part 31
- Preparing the Response
- Proposal Resources
- Requirement Matrix
- Proposal Templates
- Filing Protests (engage KO, SBA, Ombudsman, GAO, OMB)
- Asking for Debriefs – Guaranteed Appointment with Government Buyers
- Homework Assignment: Create a proposal outline for chosen project and establish pricing model (benchmark www.gsaadvantage.gov)
Lesson 16: Preparing Your Business for Success-Part II
- Learning to source the right opportunities
- Understanding the Proposal Regulations
- Developing the Technical Proposal
What: WEEK – 9: PROPOSAL: Developing the Technical Proposal
When: September 28, 2021
Time: 6pm-8pm EST/ 3pm-5pm PST
Where: Online (Remote access will be emailed to confirmed registrants)
Not a member-join: https://www.govassociation.org/join
We cover a new topic each session. We will guide you through our 12 Steps to Winning Government Contract Methodology.
1) ASSESSMENT: Do you have resources? finances, credit, hr/strong staff, talents, mobilization capital
2) STRATEGY: Do you have a strategic plan? short/long term, jv, teaming, mentor protégé, sub, prime
3) EDUCATION: Do you speak governese? Understand contracting language, regulations, policies, standards, etc
4) REGISTRATION: How to get registered for opportunities. What certifications will you need, etc.
5) IMAGE: How's your brand? strong, recognizable, broad, reputation, past performance
6) MARKETING: Capability statement, biz card, website, marketing collateral, brand that speaks to gov't buyers?
7) RELATIONSHIP: Do you have the proper types of relationships in the gov't market. Triangle of relationships
8) OPPORTUNITY: Do you know where to find oppty’s, FBO, bid match, past awards, prospecting, etc?
9) PROPOSAL: Can you write proposals? Can you learn or hire one? technical experts, estimators
10) PERFORMANCE: Can you deliver and perform or do you need subs?
11) COMPLIANCE: Are you DCAA compliant? accounting system, cyber ready, QA program, insurance, bonding?
12) CLOSURE: Successful completion of project? Proper close out? Paid yet? ACO happy?
Who Should Attend:
· Sales professionals
· CEO, Executives and key decision makers of companies
· Entrepreneurs and small business owners
· Business Development Managers
· Consultants looking to grow professionally
· Capture managers looking to gain a competitive edge
· Contracting professionals and government employees
· All members of Government Contractors Association
· Primes, subcontractors, & potential teaming partners
· New & existing business owners interested in expanding into the government market
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Abraham Xiong is the Founder of the Government Contractors Association. He has an insatiable love for the B2G market. Over the last decade, he has taught thousands of entrepreneurs to implement the best practices learned from years of practical application and countless hours of research. For his work with the small business community, Mr. Xiong received President Obama’s Lifetime Achievement Award, the Global Humanitarian Award and the State of Georgia afforded him as a Goodwill Ambassador.