Doing Business with Oak Ridge National Laboratory
The Oak Ridge National Laboratory Small Business Programs Office focuses daily on small business outreach, counseling, support, and advocacy. This includes attending conferences and trade shows, one-on-one meetings with small businesses, and individual problem-solving. As a contractor to the Department of Energy (DOE), ORNL works to meet annual small business goals by subcontracting with small businesses in a variety of work categories, all related to helping the lab fulfill the mission of DOE.
When: July 6, 2021
Time: 12noon-1pm EST/9:00am-10:00am PST
(After registering, you will receive a confirmation email to enter the webinar)
What you will learn:
1. What is Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL)
2. ORNL and the Department of Energy
3. Steps to maximize your potential for working with Oak Ridge National Laboratory
4. Discuss ORNL “Business Opportunities” page for an up-to-date listings of currently available procurement opportunities.
5. How to become a qualified construction subcontractor
6. For high end/specialized fabrications and related projects, you may be interested in the procurement opportunities available with the U.S. ITER project
Presenter: Cassandra McGee Stuart, DBA
Cassandra McGee Stuart is Manager of the Small Business Program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. In FY20, ORNL placed 55% of its subcontracts with small businesses, totaling $375 million. The laboratory has won several awards for its small business advocacy and outreach, and efforts in small business utilization. ORNL most recently received the DOE OSDBU Director’s Excellence Award, and the Champions of Veterans Enterprise Award from the National Veteran Small Business Coalition. Stuart was awarded the DOE Small Business Program Manager of the Year Award in 2014.
She serves on the boards of the East Tennessee Foundation, Legacy Parks Foundation, and Alzheimer’s Tennessee. Stuart holds a B.S. degree from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, an M.S. from Colorado State University, and a Doctor of Business Administration degree from Lincoln Memorial University.